With over 2100 licensed dentists in the province of Alberta, there is no shortage of dental practices in and around the Calgary NE area. You will see dental offices located in almost every other commercial complex or plaza. Whether you have recently relocated to the city or you are exploring better dental care providers, you have a range of choices for a family dentist. However, when it comes to your family’s oral care needs, there are a number of factors that you may want to consider.
Read on to know more about what aspects to take into account and the questions to ask, before you finalize a dental practice to consult with for your entire family.
Questions To Ask Before Selecting A Family Dentist In The Calgary Ne Area
- Credentials and Experience: From young, newly qualified dental practitioners, to experienced dentists branching out on their own, you will frequently see new dental practices coming up in your area. In addition to references from family, friends, neighbours, colleagues or friends, you may want to do an independent check on the credentials and experience of the dental clinic you are considering.
- Ask whether they continually upgrade their skills and training to stay current on the advancements in their field.
- Check if they have invested in the latest technology and equipment that enhances patient experience by reducing length and complexity of treatment.
- Range of Services: Check if the practice offers a comprehensive range of services that meet the oral health needs of your entire family. While general dentistry treatments will address basic dental care, you can also ask whether they offer:
- Sedation dentistry services that will keep you comfortable and relaxed during certain treatments.
- Children’s dentistry with specialized treatments and staff that is trained to manage the dental care needs of all children, from infants and toddlers, to teenagers and young adults.
- Cosmetic and restorative dentistry services, including orthodontics, for teeth alignment and smile enhancement.
- In-house specialty procedures, including root canals, implants, extractions and other treatments that require oral surgery.
- Emergency dental services that accommodate you or your family member if you need urgent attention. Do check if they have an emergency contact or extended hours for weekends or holidays.
- Accessibility and Ambience: Most of us prefer to select health care providers located within easy reach from where we stay or work. However, if someone in your family has special accessibility needs, check whether the dental office caters for people with disabilities. The ambience is not something you can simply ask about; you must visit the office and experience it first hand. Visit the dental practice to make sure that you, as well as your children or elderly family member feel comfortable.
- Fees, Insurance and Billing: The cost of dental care depends on several factors, including the dentist’s skills and experience, specializations, if any, office location, services offered, equipment used, and so on. Since fees will vary from one dentist to another, make sure that you confirm the cost of basic services with your preferred practice. Also check:
- Which insurance service providers do they work with? Do they offer direct billing to insurance company?
- Do they have flexible payment options for cosmetic or restorative procedures that are not covered by insurance?
- Sunridge Dental Clinic follows the Alberta Dental 2020 Fee Guide.
As a final check, look up the online client reviews and testimonials to be sure of all the above parameters, including the dental staff’s skill and experience, patients’ comfort and the quality of services offered
Trusted Partners For Your Oral Health Journey
If you are looking for a family dentist in the heart of Calgary NE, consider Sunridge Dental Clinic, conveniently located inside Sunridge Mall. We have the skills, experience and technology to offer a wide range of dental services for your entire family, including children and seniors. With extended hours and appointments for late evenings, as well as Saturdays, we cater to busy families with active lifestyles. Our highly qualified, trained and friendly dental staff looks forward to meeting you. We are happy to respond promptly or any queries you have about our team, our practice and the services we offer.
To make an appointment at Sunridge Dental Clinic, call us at 403-280-3232 or book a date and time through our online form. Our experienced patient care administrators will get back to you shortly. New patients are always welcome.