Cavity, gum disease, decay or physical trauma are some of the causes of tooth loss in adults. Losing a single tooth or multiple teeth can lead to problems such as jaw misalignment, facial collapse and difficulty in chewing if not dealt with on time. Dental implants are surgically placed into your jawbone to replace your missing teeth and prevent such issues. Dental implants function and look like your natural teeth. If you are looking for dental implants in Calgary, choose Sunridge Dental Clinic. We provide custom-made implants to replace your missing teeth. We have been providing family and restorative dentistry services for the past 30 years.
You might need dental implants if you:
- Have several missing teeth – Dental implants are the best solution to replace missing natural teeth as they look and feel the same. Bite force often gets affected with missing teeth and there is an increased risk of discomfort of the jaw joints.
- Experience bone loss in your jaw – Missing teeth can lead to bone loss. Dental implants help prevent bone loss by integrating with the bone tissue as they are placed directly into the jaw bone. They bond with your jawbone and stimulate bone growth, which helps avoid sunken appearance.
- Have a damaged tooth that can’t be repaired – An implant along with a crown is a long-lasting solution to replace a severely chipped tooth or tooth that is cracked or broken. Extracting a damaged tooth will also help avoid any infection to the surrounding structure.
- Have an ill-fitting denture – Dental implants are the premier choice for ill-fitting dentures. You have to remove and clean the dentures every day. They can also move or fall out when you eat or talk. Additionally, you might face discomfort and possible gum irritation with poor-fitting dentures. Dental implants secure your dentures in place and also reduce the irritation caused by them.
- Experience difficulty in chewing – Missing teeth can increase the stress on your remaining teeth when you chew. This could lead to fracture or increase wear on adjacent teeth, which leads to more sensitivity while eating cold or hot foods. With dental implants, you can alleviate pressure on the neighboring teeth.
There are many benefits of choosing dental implants but make sure you get your gums, jawbone, and medical history evaluated to determine if they are the right choice for you. Talk to your dentist to find out if dental implants are the best option for you.
Sunridge Dental Clinic provides reliable dental implants in Calgary. We also provide bridges, dentures, crowns and root canal therapy for patients of all ages. Contact us today for dental implants in Calgary.